Word integration with BE

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
hareiko

Word integration with BE

Post by hareiko »

I have recently bought Bookends (v8.1.3) and i am delighted with Mellel integration. It works perfectly with my 10,000 references imported from Endnote and my Mellel bookmanuscript.

Now I want to use it with another Manuscrpit which I started in MS Word. (By the way I use a German version of MS Office, v 11.1). I have installed the plug-in in the right folder "Applications: Microsoft Office 2004:Office:Start: Word" and I have made this folder the Word Startup folder in the Word preferences. When I open the "Bookends Word X template" that you supply with the plugin, I see the Bookends menu item under "Extras". When I open my own Word Manuscript, however, this menu item is absent. What went wrong?

The Bookends Word X template, supplied with the BE program, contains macros. Are these macros necessary in my file for bookends to work with Word? This is not mentioned in the BE manual. And if, How do I transfer these macros to my own file? Here the manual and the read-me could be more detailed.

Thanks
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Please read the Read Me that comes with the Word add-ins. You have put the add-in in the wrong folder.

add-in goes in Office
template goes in Office -> Startup -> Word

You can of course use Bookends with Word without these, but you'll have to scan the file saved as RTF in that case (no scan from within Word).

Jon
Sonny Software
hareiko

Thanks

Post by hareiko »

Thanks Jon, now it works. I am sorry I must have been inattentive when checking the read-me. It was just a RTFM problem.
Hareiko