"Show Attachment in Finder" fails unless I already have an Attachments window open

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
dober

"Show Attachment in Finder" fails unless I already have an Attachments window open

Post by dober »

Am I the only person with the following problem (Bookends 14.2.3; MacOS Ventura 13.5)?

When I right-click on a document in the Bookends Library window and select "Show Attachment in Finder", it simply opens a window for my home folder but does not select the attachment. However, if I first open a window for my Attachments folder and then repeat "Show Attachment in Finder", then the attachment is correctly selected.

This may seem like a small extra effort but I have to do this several times every day and it would be great if it worked first time, in a single step from the Bookends Library window. Any suggestions?
dober

Re: "Show Attachment in Finder" fails unless I already have an Attachments window open

Post by dober »

This is fixed now with super-responsive help from Jon.

Previously my Bookends Attachments folder was in ~/Documents/Bookends/Attachments (the default location).

Simply moving the Attachments folder down one level to ~/Documents/Documents_JK/Bookends/Attachments has solved the problem: I can now directly select an attachment either by right-clicking in the Bookends Library window or from the PDF toolbar.

I don't know why the previous location for the Attachments folder did not work but the new location is good. I did not change any access privileges (all are Read & Write for me).