Strange problems with search results

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
mawyn

Strange problems with search results

Post by mawyn »

I started noticing a few weeks ago that something seems to be wrong with my database.

I have 28 references of type “Electronic publication” but when I created a smart group defined as “Type is Electronic publication”, none of these referendes show up. I tried three of the library maintanance options yesterday: Verify, Reindex and Rebuild, but none of those fixed the problem.

As a matter of fact, it seems that I’m having problems with the last six types listed in the drop-down list I use to select a references type - see attached file. “Private holdings” is the last type that works correctly with a smart group (or with a normal “Find in library” search for that matter). When I search for the type “Electronic publication …” the result is strangely a list of references of the type “Video recording” instead. When I search for the types “Website”, “Onine images …”, “Thesis”, “Video recording” and “Trash …” the result list is always empty, just like with “Electronic publication” as I mentioned earlier.

How can I go about remedying this problem?
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 15.41.39.jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 15.41.39.jpg (20.96 KiB) Viewed 3766 times
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Strange problems with search results

Post by Jon »

You should email tech support and attach your Bookends Preferences file (in the Bookends folder) and the library with these smart groups.

Jon
Sonny Software