This version of Bookends will not work with your registration code

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Avenue6510

Post by Avenue6510 »

Hello,

I recently encountered an issue while opening Bookends. I received a popup message stating that my registration code is not valid to open the program, see below. I am content with using the last version of Bookends that I have the correct code for. However, I am unsure of how to bypass the popup screen without completely closing Bookends. Furthermore, I do not understand the statement "If you don't want to upgrade at this time, you can continue using your current version of Bookends or test this version in demo mode (50 reference limit)." It seems contradictory as the "current version" and "this version" are the same. I do not recall consenting to an update that would downgrade the software to demo mode.

==
Your period of free updates has expired. If you have already purchased a new code from Sonny Software, enter it below. If not and you want to upgrade at a discount, click the Purchase Upgrade button. If you don't want to upgrade at this time you can continue using your current version of Bookends or test this version in demo mode (50 reference limit).
New registration code:
Continue Demo
Purchase Upgrade...
Register
==
Jon
Site Admin

Re: This version of Bookends will not work with your registration code

Post by Jon »

When you receive a notice that a new version of Bookends is available but your license doesn't cover it, you'll see this in bolded red text: "PAID UPGRADE: PLEASE READ!". If you miss that and download it by mistake, you can trash the new version and continue to use your current one (meaning the one you have been using). If you no longer have that version, you can always download it again from the Version History page:

https://www.sonnysoftware.com/support/version-history

Jon
Sonny Software
Avenue6510

Re: This version of Bookends will not work with your registration code

Post by Avenue6510 »

Many thanks. That worked.