Help. Notes on multiple docs missing after wifi sync w Mac

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
sdexter

Help. Notes on multiple docs missing after wifi sync w Mac

Post by sdexter »

I just spent hours and hours this past week reading 5 items in my Bookends folder of various lengths, and taking detailed notes. After syncing bookends on the iPad to my Mac, the notes are gone from these refs on the iPad (and of course didn't transfer to the Mac either). All 5 refs sho that no notes were taken at all on both devices.

I'm crushed. Is there anywhere to look and get these back??

On both devices, the 5 items were in the "All" group (of course), as well as in a group I made called "needs notes still". I synced the iPad with the Mac. Then, on the Mac I removed them from the Needs Notes Still group. I can't say if the notes were there before I took them out of the Needs Notes Still group. I didn't believe that would matter for deleting notes from an imported doc and taking them off of the doc on the iPad.

I've taken notes on so many docs and gotten them to successfully sync and can then work with them on the mac. Does anyone know anything I can do? Any help appreciated!!
Sara
Last edited by sdexter on Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sdexter

Re: Help. Notes on multiple docs missing after wifi sync w Mac

Post by sdexter »

I'll add that the highlighting I did in the files while making the notes this past week DO show up post-sync (on Mac and on iPad) but the very valuable (to me) notes are missing. How can this be? Is there anything I can do?

Also, BTW, I think I must have set up a wifi sync. I am looking in my iCloud drive, and do not see a Bookends folder. I set this up a while ago, and don't recall my details, but there are no deleted items in the iCloud folder, nothing to recover..
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Help. Notes on multiple docs missing after wifi sync w Mac

Post by Jon »

For anyone following this thread, the OP wrote to tech support and we are communicating via email. It's not clear what caused this problem, and at least for now syncing of notes is working as expected. We're not aware of any issues intrinsic to Bookends for iOS that could cause such a specific problem, but we'll keep an eye on it.

Jon
Sonny Software