Global Change, Change Field issue with keywords

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
GJPhD

Global Change, Change Field issue with keywords

Post by GJPhD »

I have an issue with a bookends database I use for a review. I use keywords for the articles to verify where to are/have been in the review process.

At this point, we need to sort discrepancies for 150 articles. I have added a keyword for these articles in question via Refs->Global Change->Change
Field, and then add the relevant keyword using 'Put 'tag' before 'field=Keywords' for each reference in the selected references.

Let's call that tag 'To_Discuss'. That label is then not added in the right pane under 'keywords', however: when I add 'label' to the show column bar on the top, the label is there. I can also make a Smart Group with the label 'To_Discuss', which results in the aforementioned 150 articles.

Now the tricky part is that - after we have discussed the To_Discuss - I need to add another keyword to it, which refers to the article being included (keyword Phase1_Include) or excluded (keywords Phase1_Exclude).

As soon as I add one of those two keywords to an article, the Smart Group To_Discuss deletes that article, just as if that earlier keyword 'To_Discuss' wasn't there. Which, depending on where I look, is correct. It is never added to the keywords in the right pane.

This severely impacts the workload and workflow. I already Rebuilt, Repaired, and every other Library Maintenance option in Bookends, but nothing helps. I also disconnected the iCloud sync, delete the database from my other Macs and iPads, but the problem is still there.

The only way to circumvent is, is to manually add the keyword to each article in the right pane. Which is tedious work the say the least..

Is this a known issue?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Global Change, Change Field issue with keywords

Post by Jon »

Yikes. Please contact tech support directly and attach screen snaps that illustrate what you're going and what the problem is.

Jon
Sonny Software