Feature Request: DOI input at Autofill From Internet

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
DrJJWMac

Feature Request: DOI input at Autofill From Internet

Post by DrJJWMac »

I have collected articles where the DOI information does not fill. I am extracting the DOI from the PDF to add to the meta data for the article. As part of this, I have two requests that would streamline this type of manual processing.

* The Edit Reference fields are split between a Main and Additional. The DOI input field is near the bottom on the Additional tab. It would be helpful to be able to re-arrange the order of input fields, e.g. so that in my case, the DOI appears at the top of the Additional tab. It would also be nice to be able to edit the DOI field (and other fields) directly in place rather than opening a separate edit window, pasting the DOI, and closing the edit window.

* The Autofill From Internet action only does something when the DOI field is populated. Otherwise, the action dialog just shows the attachments, and nothing further is possible. One change here might be to disable the Autofill From Internet action (gray it out) when the DOI field is empty. Another even better change would be to show the (otherwise empty) DOI field as an input field. A user could input the DOI directly at the Autofill From Internet action. The DOI would be populated to the DOI field for the article, and an autofill search would be initiated using the input DOI.
--
JJW
Serge

Re: Feature Request: DOI input at Autofill From Internet

Post by Serge »

Thanks for your suggestions! We will partly implement them in the next update.