Can I replace the AUTHORS displayed in the PDF TAB with a different label?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
selfmetta

Can I replace the AUTHORS displayed in the PDF TAB with a different label?

Post by selfmetta »

Hello. When I double-click on several references, the PDF file in the attachment opens several PDF tabs at the bottom.

However, what is displayed on the tab is authors, but as I have a lot of books among the references, I would like to see title rather than authors. Is it possible to make other labels appear on the tab, such as title, keyword, etc.?

I noticed in settings-refs that there's a column with default for label and current for authors, and I thought I could customise it with a different value for current instead of authors, but that seems like a temporary fix, so I'm wondering if it's possible to essentially change the value of the label that's displayed.
Attachments
SCR-20240101-pbfb-2.png
SCR-20240101-pbfb-2.png (138.66 KiB) Viewed 5008 times
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Can I replace the AUTHORS displayed in the PDF TAB with a different label?

Post by Jon »

That's not possible. You may not know, however, that when you hover the pointer over the tab, Bookends will display the name of the PDF as a tooltip. So if the PDFs have rational names (e.g. include metadata such as author, date, and part of title) you can see more identifying information you want. You can control how Bookends renames PDFs so that it displays the information you want.

Jon
Sonny Software