Mismatch example vs. scan

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
DunstanOSB

Mismatch example vs. scan

Post by DunstanOSB »

The Bookends Formats Manager offers a helpful "example" feature. My issue is that the example in this case differs from what shows up during an actual scan. I'm not sure why this would be the case. How can the scan be made to look like the example? The format for the following example is as follows: a, “t,” $in $v,$ ed. $e` `(l: u, d).

Example Citation
1° Erich Zenger, "Psalm 119," in Psalms 3: A Commentary on Psalms 101-150, ed. Erich Zenger, Klaus Baltzer, and Linda M. Maloney (Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 2011).

This is how the citations appears after the scan. Note that the editors names are not properly separated as they are in the example.

Erich Zenger, “Psalm 119,” in Psalms 3: A Commentary on Psalms 101-150, ed. Erich ZengerKlaus BaltzerLinda M. Maloney (Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 2011), 256.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Mismatch example vs. scan

Post by Jon »

Without the format and reference to examine here I can't say why the editor's names aren't separated properly in the output, but I can tell you that settings for this are in the format's Name Punctuation tab. Authors and editors can be treated identically or individually. If you open the format in the Formats Manager and edit the editor output so that they are separated by comma-space and the word "and" precedes the last when there are 3 or more.

Jon
Sonny Software
iandol

Re: Mismatch example vs. scan

Post by iandol »

It may not be connected, but I have occasionally seen errors in my BibTeX output where the author punctuation is missing in the BibTeX file, though clearly present in the format manager. I could never reproduce this error, and deleting my BibTeX file and recreating it (via sync) would get the names back to normal. So it may be that a restart will fix this?