Word scan not working

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
DunstanOSB

Word scan not working

Post by DunstanOSB »

I know that this topic has been discussed extensively in the past; however, I have reviewed the documentation and I cannot figure out why this is not working. I have a 212 page document with 617 footnotes. The document contains no images. It is 290 KB. Small sub-sections of this document will scan successfully when I copy them into new documents. Alas, the full document will not. When I try, Bookends runs the scan normally and seems to complete it. But no footnotes are inserted and no bibliography is generated. Worse, about half the document is missing when Word repaginates after the scan. I have tried scanning as an RTF and this does not work. Ideas? Thank you!
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Word scan not working

Post by Jon »

This sounds like corruption of a hidden citation, which throughs off the unscan (which precedes every scan). The way to deal with this is to remove the final citations immediately following the point of truncation (in the pre-scan document, of course) and see if the unscan works now. If so, unscan, re-insert the temporary citations, and proceed.

If you have problems getting this to work, you can send the document (before unscanning) to me as a .docx and a RTF file and I'll take a look.

Jon
Sonny Software