Bookends 14.2.9 on MacOS Ventura constantly losing attachements

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Davkani

Bookends 14.2.9 on MacOS Ventura constantly losing attachements

Post by Davkani »

Hello,
on my Mac (Ventura 13.6.4) Bookends 14.2.9 and previous versions contantly loses attached pdfs after a closing and opening Bookends.
Not all attachments but around 80%, progressively. This is very basic I know. I'd appreciate any hint as to what to look for.

Thanks.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Bookends 14.2.9 on MacOS Ventura constantly losing attachements

Post by Jon »

The first thing I'd do is Rebuild the library. If that doesn't help, I'll need more information. Such as what "losing attachments" means. The names are lost from the database itself? The names are there but Bookends can't find them? Where are they located? What is special about the ones it doesn't lose (if anything)? Etc.

Jon
Sonny Software
Davkani

Post by Davkani »

Hi Jon, thank you.

I've rebuild the library and some attachements have 'returned'. What happens is that I drag a pdf into BE and it finds the meta-data. So all is fine, I have a pdf (attachment), & an entry with meta data. Next time I open BE, the entry and meta data are still present, but I'm told "can't find file"xyz.pdf". I'll try to find out what's special about those files. I know I've dragged the pdfs into BE.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

What are you telling Bookends to do with the PDF when it's attached? Move it to the default folder? Copy it? Or leave it where it is?

Jon
Sonny Software