Creation of a bibliography not at the end of the document

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Chris

Creation of a bibliography not at the end of the document

Post by Chris »

I have a large Word document with a long appendix with several chapters. The sections of the appendix also appear in the automatically generated table of contents. I would like to place the bibliography before the appendix. Is this possible?

Chris
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Creation of a bibliography not at the end of the document

Post by Jon »

Yes. Cut and paste it where you want. When you rescan, Bookends will insert the bibliography where you moved it. Note that if you unscan, the marker indicating the bibliography's location will be removed, and after a subsequent scan it will be placed at the end once again.

Jon
Sonny Software
vinschger

Post by vinschger »

would it (optionally) be possible to select the position, where the bibliography should be inserted, e.g. by inserting something like {bibliography}? or technically not possible or not advisable for other reasons (speed, stability)? for me the current behavior is absolutely fine, therefore no problem if it remains at it is, but I can understand that it might be helpful in certain situations.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

It could be done but would be unreliable in Word due to the way extraneous information can be inserted into text, internally. It also wouldn't work with all word processors. The current mechanism is infallible and works with all word processors (Mellel handles it in its own way).

Jon
Sonny Software