W-LAN Proxy

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
michaelinberlin

W-LAN Proxy

Post by michaelinberlin »

Hi,
first of all thanks for this excellent software. I am running the demo for 2 days now and am already convinced to purchase it.
I still have one problem that might not be solved instantly but maybe in a future version.
At my university the library provides an w-lan for the students and uses an automatic proxy configuration url. Firefox can handle this perfectly and everything runs fine.
When I put this url into the proxy entry of Bookends Internet Preference using the correct port number the internet search is performed but always reporting "no matches". changing the url or the port number i.e. making them uncorrect lets internetsearch end in "unable to connect".

Michael.

PS - when using Firefox I have to enter username/password. This just because i´ve seen one post that suggest to implement a username/password feature - i think it would be useful.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I think the problem may be that you are using a URL instead of the domain name or ip address for the proxy server.

Jon
Sonny Software
michaelinberlin

Post by michaelinberlin »

Hi jon,

i posted that wrong. I am using the domain-name of the proxy server. What i think is weird is that there seems to be some kind of connection to the server, because if the information either proxy-server-name or port is changed - i get a error message "unable to connect".
know what i mean?

michael.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Yes. If you want, you can send me the connection information and I'll try to connect from here. If you do, send the filter and the proxy server/port info to

support@sonnysoftware.com

Jon
Sonny Software