maybe missed something in the manual..?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Chemist

maybe missed something in the manual..?

Post by Chemist »

Hi

Was going about the creation of a new export format type. So I chose "unused 1". Afterwards, I wanted to give this new type a more descriptive name. According to my mac's finder, there is no file by the name of "unusued" (I had thought to simply change to file name).

So, what's the secret? :)

thanks

Chemist up North
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hm, the secret is to search for "unused 1", not "unusued"!

But that's probaboy just a typo. Any formats you create (with the New button in the Format Manager window) go into

~/Library/Application Support/Bookends/Custom Formats

Changing the name in the Finder will work.

Jon
Sonny Software
Chemist

Post by Chemist »

Hi
... Any formats you create (with the New button in the Format Manager window) go into....
Thanks, but perhaps I was not properly explaining the issue. I wish to create a new "type" within a particular format. For example, using the "journal" type I wished to create a new type..e.g. "special journal". I have looked inside of the actual "Format" file and could not see anything that I could logically change.

ciao

chemist
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Ah. Types are global (they apply to references and to formats, of course). You can create them in Preferences (rename an Unused Type to whatever you want).

Jon
Sonny Software