Scanning is changing font size in Word

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
K1

Scanning is changing font size in Word

Post by K1 »

Using Word X. If I scan my doc and create a new window, it is changing my body text from 11pt to 10pt, but not affecting my other styles. Any idea what might be going on here? My default font for Bookends is 11pt, if that makes a difference, and my body text style is not based on any other style.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

From the Read Me:

(4) Why does the font sometimes change after a citation is inserted in Word during a scan?

When scanning a Word document and inserting the final citation, Bookends adopts the text style of the style sheet at that location. As a result, if you have altered the style (changed the font, font face, etc.) from that of the style sheet in the text immediately following the citation, this will be undone after the scan.

To avoid this problem, do one of the following to the affected text before a scan: (1) apply the style sheet you want to use, (2) edit the style sheet to match the appearance you want, or (3) create a new style sheet and apply it.
K1

Post by K1 »

Thanks for the quick responses. I am trying to become less of an idiot when it comes to using Word properly, then I'll see if I can get it to work right.