Chicago Manual of Style Footnote Style

Users asking other users for bibliography formats.
jweaks

Chicago Manual of Style Footnote Style

Post by jweaks »

So, my dissertation form must follow:

"...Chicago Manual of Style, supplemented by SBL Handbook..."

The installed Chicago styles (and the Turabian styles as well) are putting in those parenthetical references in the footnotes instead of the proper footnotre reference format.
Do I need to alter the format, and check that Document, cite by "custom citation format" option?
Do I need to create a new bib style to use the Chicago Manual's specs for footnote notations? This thing really ships without a turnkey solution for this extremely common format?
I've read the Tutorial and the User Guide.
I'm using Word 2004.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Since no one else has jumped in...you have to check Custom Citation Format, and use an appropriate footnote format for Chicago.

I'm reworking some of the more common formats now for the next major update, and Chicago is one of them.

Jon
Sonny Software
jweaks

Post by jweaks »

Well, I'm writing a Chicago format, myself. I'm using the "Notes" format (as opposed to author/date parenthetical format). So, the thing to do is create a Chicago Bibliography format and choose that as the format, and have it use a custom format for intext references, pointing to a second Chicago Notes format that I create. Am I going about this correctly?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Yes, that's right. Unless you need it urgently, though, I wouldn't spend a lot of time on it. A Chicago footnote format will be included in Bookends 9. I can't give you an exact release date, but it is getting reasonably close.

Jon
Sonny Software