Reference Miner + Bookends question

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Greg

Reference Miner + Bookends question

Post by Greg »

Hello,

When I drag a reference from Reference Miner into Bookends, is there a way to add the imported reference directly to a group without going through a second step of moving the reference from the bookends "All"group to the destination group?

In other words, if I have a group selected in Bookends, can I simply drag the reference from Reference Miner into that selected group to add the reference to that group? Currently I don't believe the software works this way but maybe I'm missing something.

Greg
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Not at the present, although it's something I'd like to add.

BTW, don't use Reference Miner with Bookends 8 or 9 -- use the built-in Internet Search (Utilities menu).

Jon
Sonny Software
Greg

Post by Greg »

Thanks Jon. Just curious, what is the problem with using Reference Miner with Bookends 8/9?

Greg
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hm, I don't think there will be a problem, at least not at this time. But the build-in importer is more powerful, gives you a Copy To button, lets you remove items with the Delete key, saves searches, does automated PubMed searches, and maybe something else that escapes me. Also, I work on and debug the built-in importer, but not Reference Miner, so the built-in function is likely to work better.

Reference Miner was intended as a companion to Bookends 7 (and as a standalone product), not for Bookends 8 (and now 9).

Jon
Sonny Software