Attachements

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Reiner

Attachements

Post by Reiner »

1. Is there a way to delete attached images which come with import from Amazon? I can't find a solution for that.

2. The Attachements stay in the Attachements Folder even if the Reference is deleted. This should be changed. Automatically added Attachement should be deleted automatically too if the Ref is deleted.

3. The Attachements which are attached automatically should be renamed by Bookends before they are saved in the Attachements folder. User should be able to set this in the prefs: short title as file name or Authors and year and so on.

regards, reiner
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Attachements

Post by Jon »

Reiner wrote:1. Is there a way to delete attached images which come with import from Amazon? I can't find a solution for that.
Sure. Just like any other attachment -- remove the name from the Keywords field. You can delete the attached file itself permanently, if you want, with a right-click choice.

If you don't want images imported, check OFF Display Image before importing (or edit the Amazon import filter if you never want them imported).
2. The Attachements stay in the Attachements Folder even if the Reference is deleted. This should be changed. Automatically added Attachement should be deleted automatically too if the Ref is deleted.
We've been through this before in another thread. No. But you can delete the attached file with a right-click on it's name (which deletes the name as well).
3. The Attachements which are attached automatically should be renamed by Bookends before they are saved in the Attachements folder. User should be able to set this in the prefs: short title as file name or Authors and year and so on.
That's a feature request, not a "should".

Jon
Sonny Software
Reiner

Re: Attachements

Post by Reiner »

Jon wrote:
Reiner wrote:1. Is there a way to delete attached images which come with import from Amazon? I can't find a solution for that.
Sure. Just like any other attachment -- remove the name from the Keywords field. You can delete the attached file itself permanently, if you want, with a right-click choice.

If you don't want images imported, check OFF Display Image before importing (or edit the Amazon import filter if you never want them imported).
thanks, I was looking for the same options in the image-tab of the info pane as well as in the Attach-menu of the Reference view where I would expect this feature to be. Maybe it would be good to add this there additional.
Jon wrote:That's a feature request, not a "should".
Sorry, I meant "should" from my individual point of view not in general or as you say as feature request.

thanks and regards, Reiner
tom

Post by tom »

Hi Jon,

I have another feature request that I've posted here several months ago: it would be nice to have an easy way to reveal attachments to send them by email (from the list view like the existing email feature). The keywords field is usually full of entries (from pubmed) and the attachments are at the end...

thanks
tom
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi tom,

I looked into haveing the attachment automatically added to the email message. Unfortunately, I couldn't get my e-mail client to recognize that there was an attachment. I suppose I could add "reveal in Finder" to the contextual menu, though (assuming you have Indicate Attachments selected in Preferences).

Jon
Sonny Software

P.S. If you are using PubMed, I find the keywords (MESH headings) useless, and simply don't import them -- the PubMed filter can easily be tweaked to do this.
tom

Post by tom »

thanks a lot Jon