Modifying Bib Format list

Users asking other users for bibliography formats.
Tacitus

Post by Tacitus »

First off, I run my machine as user and install all apps from the admin account.

For the most part I use a limited range of formats, but I recently had need to modify the list of those I use in formats manager. Doing this from my normal user account, I found that the additions/deletion to the list wouldn't 'stick'. Out of curiosity I logged in to admin, modified the list from there and found that this time the mods 'stuck' in both admin and user accounts.

Has anyone else noticed this? Whilst it isn't a major problem since I doubt most people are continually updating their formats list, it is one that is irritating (at least to me :-) ) and I wonder if Jon could alter it so using the formats manager works from a user account.

cheers,

Tacitus
History is a nightmare from which I am trying to escape.
Tacitus

Post by Tacitus »

The same applies to modifying the Import filters in Import filter manager. You can only do this from an admin account.

I wouldn't have thought it too difficult to modify this behaviour.

Tacitus
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi Tacitus,

This has nothing to do with Bookends per se. It's a Mac OS X permissions thing. You have to have read/write permissions to alter the status of filters or formats. Set those properly and you'll have to problem.

Jon
Sonny Software
Tacitus

Post by Tacitus »

Jon wrote:Hi Tacitus,

This has nothing to do with Bookends per se. It's a Mac OS X permissions thing. You have to have read/write permissions to alter the status of filters or formats. Set those properly and you'll have no problem.

Jon
Sonny Software
Thanks Jon that's what I did and it works OK. I'm not sure how the drag n' drop installers work, but isn't it possible to set user permissions on installation?

Tacitus
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Drag and drop is not an installer -- it's file transfer.

We distribute folders in which Read/Write permission for everyone is enabled What happens once you transfer it to your machine is out of our control.

Jon
Sonny Software