Duplicate vs. Last 15 smart group

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
eleuteruiz

Duplicate vs. Last 15 smart group

Post by eleuteruiz »

I have a –very small– difficulty with the system of Duplicating references combined with Jon's suggestion of a smart group to show the last 15 references, in this thread.
Duplicate assigns to the new reference a number immediately following the original one. Now, when I duplicate a reference from, say, the middle of the database, the new reference does not get the last Ref #, and consequently it will not show up in the aforementioned smart group.
Is there any workaround? Is there any special reason for the new duplicated reference to get that number and not the last one? (I hope it hasn't been explained already).

Thank you.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

It's a small thing -- it gets the next number, because that makes the most sense if you duplicate while in the reference window (otherwise, it would go to the end of the db, which is probably not what you want). It makes less sense when you duplicate from the List View, of course, but since the same code is used, that's what happens.

Jon
Sonny Software