Two feature requests. (Groups and journal glossary)

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
ablaze

Two feature requests. (Groups and journal glossary)

Post by ablaze »

I would love to be able to create a new (static) group by dragging a bunch of selected references to the list of groups. I imagine it to behave like a playlist in iTunes.

My second suggestion goes for the journal glossary. It should be possible to jumpto a certain journal by typing the first letters of the abbreviation on the keyboard while having this window open. This would make navigation in long lists easier.

What do you think of my suggestions? Is there a chance this could be added in a (not so distant) future release?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Two feature requests. (Groups and journal glossary)

Post by Jon »

ablaze wrote:I would love to be able to create a new (static) group by dragging a bunch of selected references to the list of groups. I imagine it to behave like a playlist in iTunes.
You mean if you drop on "white space"? Or a nonstatic group, like All? Possible. But right now you can simply right-click (or Control-click) and select

Add Selected References To New Group
ablaze wrote:My second suggestion goes for the journal glossary. It should be possible to jumpto a certain journal by typing the first letters of the abbreviation on the keyboard while having this window open. This would make navigation in long lists easier.
Not a bad idea. I'd probably have it use the selected column, though, not default to the abbreviation (when you open the glossary, the full name column is selected).

Jon
Sonny Software
hombre

Post by hombre »

Jon wrote:
ablaze wrote:I would love to be able to create a new (static) group by dragging a bunch of selected references to the list of groups. I imagine it to behave like a playlist in iTunes.
You mean if you drop on "white space"? Or a nonstatic group, like All? Possible. But right now you can simply right-click (or Control-click) and select

Add Selected References To New Group
I wanted to be able to drop the selected references on white space. As I said, like it's possible in iTunes.
ablaze wrote:My second suggestion goes for the journal glossary. It should be possible to jumpto a certain journal by typing the first letters of the abbreviation on the keyboard while having this window open. This would make navigation in long lists easier.
Not a bad idea. I'd probably have it use the selected column, though, not default to the abbreviation (when you open the glossary, the full name column is selected).
[/quote]

That would be a good solution.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

hombre wrote:I wanted to be able to drop the selected references on white space. As I said, like it's possible in iTunes.
Seems like a reasonable idea. I'll look into it.

Jon
Sonny Software