Impossible?: Different font sizes in a format

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
matthias

Impossible?: Different font sizes in a format

Post by matthias »

I want to create a format for a printout of the cases in my database that includes the contents of the notes and abstract field as well as the keywords I assigned. In order to discern where a new reference begins I want the first line bold and the font size increased. Now, I can arrange all of this nicely with the exception of the font size which always remains 12 pt. This is the value I assigned as default size for bibliographies in the prefs. As I understand the manual, any changes made to the font size in the formats manager are supposed to override the default settings. I changed the font size by selecting the respective part of the reference in the formats-manager using the Style menu. But, in contrast to all other formatting done there, these changes of the font size are not reflected in the bibliographies created with this format.

What have I missed?

I should add that I also experienced difficulties in making text between the $ quote signs to appear in bold-italics. But it works fine when I format not only the text to be quoted but also the two quote signs. Yet, I couldn't think of a similar workaround for the font size.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

You can't override the default font and font size in the format itself. Font/size info in a reference itself is honored, but the font/size in the format will always be the default if the reference's font/size is default.

As far as the issue with styled text inside of quote marks, send me the format that's giving you problems and I'll take a look.

Jon
Sonny Software
matthias

Post by matthias »

Jon wrote:You can't override the default font and font size in the format itself. Font/size info in a reference itself is honored, but the font/size in the format will always be the default if the reference's font/size is default.
Alright, good to know. It appeared to me that this was doable.
Jon wrote:As far as the issue with styled text inside of quote marks, send me the format that's giving you problems and I'll take a look.
Thanks Jon, but with the workaround it works fine and I can't reproduce the problem. I don't want to play around with the format since I have no time for it right know.

Matthias