Why quotes on List View in BE 9.0.5?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
danzac

Post by danzac »

Oh okay, now I understand- you are placing the listview off-screen except for the info drawer. I can see how this would work, but it then forces you to be repositioning the windows depending on what you are doing.

Again, definitely not a huge priority - but I think the ability to add notes in the view formatted window would be very cool and provides a very small and adjustable window. Its almost like a little widget type view for Bookends.

cheers!
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
thecritic

Post by thecritic »

Jon wrote:I can certainly change the List View to the name of the database. Changing the title of the reference window is easy -- keeping it synched with the record is more problematic (as you note, because of maintining the Window menu). I'll think about it.
I'd also like to see the reference window have a unique title associated with the reference whose fields it is displaying.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

The window already tells you this: Reference X of Y is at the top.

Jon
Sonny Sofware
thecritic

Post by thecritic »

Jon wrote:The window already tells you this: Reference X of Y is at the top.
Indeed it does, but I would like to see something more informative like:

Scaliger, 2006 #7

as the window title

I also find it confusing to see in the Window menu two identical names, one of which is surrounded by quotation marks.
eleuteruiz

Post by eleuteruiz »

thecritic wrote:I would like to see something more informative like:

Scaliger, 2006 #7

as the window title
I honestly don't see the need of this. If you are in Ref view you already have ALL the information there.
thecritic wrote: I also find it confusing to see in the Window menu two identical names, one of which is surrounded by quotation marks.
It is a little "strange", indeed. But I personally don't care about the titles, since I only use one database at a time, and then I have only one possible reference open. So it is only a question of switching with Command-`... But perhaps other users do find it problematic.
thecritic

Post by thecritic »

eleuteruiz wrote:
thecritic wrote:I would like to see something more informative like:

Scaliger, 2006 #7

as the window title
I honestly don't see the need of this. If you are in Ref view you already have ALL the information there.
That information is scattered all over the window. If we take your argument to its logical conclusion, then there shouldn't be an info drawer, either. :wink: It also seems like it's a useful convention for a window's title to indicate the window's contents clearly: duplicating the database name from the reference list doesn't really do this :( It will also get Jon into trouble in case he ever decides to allow one to have more than one reference open at a time.