Feature suggestion: Quicksilver access to BE database

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
ChrisLovelace

Feature suggestion: Quicksilver access to BE database

Post by ChrisLovelace »

Okay, Jon, I'm sure you're sick of getting these things, but I'd just like to toss an idea out there...

For the last year or so, I've been using Quicksilver to access pretty much everything on my Mac (http://www.blacktree.com/quicksilver/). It runs in the background and is activated from anywhere by typing ctrl-space (or whatever you set it to). A window pops up into which you type the first few characters of something (directory, URL, application, etc.), and you can do various things (open the app, copy a url, etc.).

What got me thinking about BE is the fact that I can use Quicksilver to put a Keychain password on the clipboard without having to go to Keychain. I'm thinking how incredibly cool it would be, while I'm writing, to activate Quicksilver, type "book" to go to Bookends, right-arrow to access an open database, type the first few characters of a first author's last name, and be able to immediately paste a formatted reference right into the document.

I have absolutely no idea what it would take to implement (you'd likely have to write a Quicksilver plug-in), and it may be completely unfeasable. But I wanted to mention it nonetheless.

Cheers,

Chris
-----------------------------------------------
Chris Lovelace, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Psychology
University of Missouri - Kansas City
Kansas City, Missouri USA
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi Chris,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'm not sure how popular such a thing would be, but it does sound cool. There are still a lot of things waiting to be added/implemented, but I'll keep this in mind, too.

Jon
Sonny Software
Luhmann

Post by Luhmann »

This would be FANTASTIC!

I too use Quicksilver for just about everything, and if I could use it with Bookends I would be one happy camper!
danzac

Post by danzac »

I too use quicksilver. It is an excellent app. integration would be very cool
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~