Suggestion: Contextual menu for moving captured texts

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Mencu

Suggestion: Contextual menu for moving captured texts

Post by Mencu »

I suppose some users share an everyday problem with me: I work with references that have not yet made it to libraries, so my work with Bookends consists often in copying from a web page to the abstract field of a reference and then start moving around the author's name, the title and so on. Dragging and dropping sometimes causes problems with exporting references, for the words moved this way will not appear when you exporte the reference if they are still "highlighted" in the field where they are put, a minor nuisance, that can be avoided by the classic sequence: Copy-Cut-Paste.
My suggestion is: Why not develope a contextual menu, using the second bottom of the mouse, that would let the user move a highlighted word or group of words to a certain field?
I suppose it must be difficult task, but, at least in my work, would be enormously useful.
Thanks in advance
Mencu
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

You can contact me directly with an example of the text you are trying to parse into fields. It may be possible to write a filter that will do it for you (with text in the clipboard). Depends on whether there is enough structure in the text.

Jon
Sonny Software