Visual Basic and Bookends

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Dixiedog

Visual Basic and Bookends

Post by Dixiedog »

Future versions of Office for the Mac will no longer have Visual Basic for Applications, apparently because maintaining compatibility between PC and Mac would require a major overhaul for the Intel versions of Macs. I have read that this will cause trouble for EndNotes for the Mac, since it depends on many macros. What about Bookends? Will it still be easily connected to future versions of Word for the Mac?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Since Word 2007 (or whatever) isn't done yet, it's impossible to say exactly what will be needed. However, my guess is that it will be a relatively easy transition for Bookends.

Jon
Sonny Software
spd

Re: Visual Basic and Bookends

Post by spd »

pkdavis wrote:Future versions of Office for the Mac will no longer have Visual Basic for Applications, apparently because maintaining compatibility between PC and Mac would require a major overhaul for the Intel versions of Macs. I have read that this will cause trouble for EndNotes for the Mac, since it depends on many macros. What about Bookends? Will it still be easily connected to future versions of Word for the Mac?
Have you tried Mellel as an alternative to Word? Integration with Bookends is outstanding, and Mellel 2.1 (which should be out this week) creates files in .xml format, which may make compatibility with PC versions of Word pretty good. I'm not at all an expert on these matters, but since VBA support will be dropped in Office 07 the only application I'll probably use from the suite in the future is Entourage.

Mellel's URL is: http://www.redlers.com
eleuteruiz

Post by eleuteruiz »

spd wrote:...and Mellel 2.1 (which should be out this week) ...
It already IS there!...
spd

Post by spd »

eleuteruiz wrote:
spd wrote:...and Mellel 2.1 (which should be out this week) ...
It already IS there!...
Indeed! (though it was not out when I made the original post Sunday)