Library of Congress inport problem?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
rawhead

Library of Congress inport problem?

Post by rawhead »

Just noticed this with 9.1, where doing a web search @ Library of congress and trying to import will always crash Bookends. Tried in 9.0.8 on the same computer and no problems. I'm running it on an Intel/iMac (Core 2 Duo). If you can't reproduce it, I can give you the crash report, Jon.

Thanks for your help.
ozean

Post by ozean »

Strange, I just tried this on my Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro without any problems. Using Bookends 9.1

Have tried rebuilding your database or trashing your Bookends preferences?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Good advice. If it persists after rebuilding the database, please contact me with the crash log.

Jon
Sonny Software
rawhead

Post by rawhead »

OK, so I noticed that the crash doesn't happen with everything. In fact, I've tried many and I've only been able to reproduce it twice, one of which I can't remember the reference to. The other I know, because that's the book I wanted to import.

Log on to LOC and search for "Lost Shores". The only hit is a book by Lawrence Feldman "Lost Shores, Forgotten Peoples". Try importing that and it always crashes.

BTW, I'm trying this with a fresh, empty database, so rebuilding isn't going to be the fix.
Knapp

Post by Knapp »

I've been having the same problem, but only with a few libraries/filters. Running 9.1 on my G-4 Powerbook, I never experience a crash when importing, but running 9.1 on my Core 2 Duo iMac, some imports cause a crash. I've rebuilt dbs, tried a new empty db, even experimented with running the UB in Rosetta, but still get the same crash for the same set of libraries. I'd thought it was restricted to Innopac catalogs, but I don't think that LC is Innopac, so that's probably not the factor.

Otherwise, I love the UB version of BE: it's way faster.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

rawhead wrote:Log on to LOC and search for "Lost Shores". The only hit is a book by Lawrence Feldman "Lost Shores, Forgotten Peoples". Try importing that and it always crashes..
Good, that was very helpful. I was able to reproduce the problem. I've made a silent update that should fix it.

Jon
Sonny Software
rawhead

Post by rawhead »

Great, fix confirmed. Thanks!
Knapp

Confirmed

Post by Knapp »

Ditto; that fixed the problem. As usual, terrific support! :D