Bookends 8 and Word 2004 Toolbar

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Al

Bookends 8 and Word 2004 Toolbar

Post by Al »

I've just downloaded the trial version of Bookends 8, having been endlessly frustrated with Endnote.

I read that this new version was entirely compatible with Word 2004 (for MacOSX). However, after I launched Bookends I had no success in getting it to cooperate with Word 2004. In fact, I can't even find the necessary files "Bookends Word X Add in" and "...template" in the dowloaded package.

Can anyone offer any help in this matter. I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Alasdair
(UK)
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Ahem, well, ahem...I forgot to include them in the release package.

Sorry. I'd put in the blushing emoticon, but I hate those things.

I'll upload a new one soon.

In the meantime, so you don't have to download 12 MB again, please email me directly (support@sonnysoftware.com) and I'll send just these to you.

Jon
Sonny Software
Al

Post by Al »

Jon,

many thanks, Have emailed you directly. Your fast response is so much appreciated.

Al

Post by Guest »

I just downloaded Bookends 8.0.1 and am very interested in buying it. But Iwould like to try it with Word 2004, before I make a final decision. Could you send me the Word 2004 plugin (and template?) as you did for the other guy?
Thank you.
My email is: julesmim@yahoo.ca
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Anonymous wrote:I just downloaded Bookends 8.0.1 and am very interested in buying it. But Iwould like to try it with Word 2004, before I make a final decision. Could you send me the Word 2004 plugin (and template?) as you did for the other guy?
Thank you.
Hi,

I will if you really need it -- but it should be in the Bookends 8 Folder already, in a subfolder called MS Word (or something like that -- don't have it at hand at the moment). Also, it should be installed automatically when you first run Bookends (if the Office folder and subfolders are named in English, anyway).

If you can't find it, let me know.

Jon
Sonny Software

Post by Guest »

What I find in the "Addins for MS Word" folder is the file "Bookends Word X Add-in" and the Readme file describe installation for Word 6, Word 98, Word 2001 and Word v.X. No mention of Word 2004. If I put it in the Office folder, it is not recognized by Word 2004. Any way, it can't be installed on firs lauch by Bookends since I have the French Version of Word 2004.
Thanks for your help.
Jon wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I just downloaded Bookends 8.0.1 and am very interested in buying it. But Iwould like to try it with Word 2004, before I make a final decision. Could you send me the Word 2004 plugin (and template?) as you did for the other guy?
Thank you.
Hi,

I will if you really need it -- but it should be in the Bookends 8 Folder already, in a subfolder called MS Word (or something like that -- don't have it at hand at the moment). Also, it should be installed automatically when you first run Bookends (if the Office folder and subfolders are named in English, anyway).

If you can't find it, let me know.

Jon
Sonny Software

Word X and Bookends 8

Post by Guest »

I have just also tried to set up the demo version of Bookends 8
on Mac Os 10.3.8 with Word X for MAC service release 1.

The toolbar shows but whenever I try to access Bookends from
the toolbar or the menu, either Bookends or Word crashes.

The relevant files seem to be in the right places as mentioned
in this thread.

I am reporting this as this thread mentioned that recent software
had been uploaded.

My e-mail is andrew.parker@physiol.ox.ac.uk

Andrew Parker
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi Andrew,

In the past we have had several reports of Word crashing when trying to access Bookends. Resinstalling Word fixed it -- it seems to be a VBA issue.

Please try that and see if it helps. If it does not, please contact us directly and we can try to sort it out.

Jon
Sonny Software

Word X and Bookends 8

Post by Guest »

Jon

Thanks. The demo version seems just fine now.

Andrew
[/quote]