Adding pages in footnote

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Adelheid

Adding pages in footnote

Post by Adelheid »

I use a format for my references that ends with a dot. I then add the page numbers (in Mellel, just adding , p. 124-132, because Mellel doesn't work with { }, and I cannot edit the text highlighted in blue).

So before scanning, it looks like this:

Brunt, 1971, Social conflicts in the Roman republic, 124-132

which, after cutting and pasting it here, turns out to be:
{Brunt, 1971, Social conflicts in the Roman republic}, 124-132

When I scan the document, the footnote displays:

Brunt, P.A., Social conflicts in the Roman republic (Londen 1971)., 124-132

This is how I want it to be, but for that dot right before the comma. Is there a way to loose that dot, only in the footnote (because it has to appear in the bibliography)?

I don't know if

{Brunt, 1971, Social conflicts in the Roman republic\, 124-132\}

would make a difference, but I don't think so?

Thanks,
Adelheid
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Adding pages in footnote

Post by Jon »

Adelheid wrote:I use a format for my references that ends with a dot. I then add the page numbers (in Mellel, just adding , p. 124-132, because Mellel doesn't work with { }, and I cannot edit the text highlighted in blue).
Before going any further, you can (and must) edit the text highlighted in blue in Mellel. Just double-click on it. Add the pages at the end of the citation itself (the blue text), then scan. I think you'll find the problem is solved (but if not, get back to me).

Also look up Cited Pages in the User Guide. You might find that feature helpful, too.

Jon
Sonny Software
Adelheid

Post by Adelheid »

OK, double clicking made it editable. I added \, 124-132\ right after the text. But the result is still the same, the dot is still there.

I will have a look at those Cited Pages.

<time passing>

I took a look at Cited Pages and tested it. That works just like I want it!

Thanks,

Adelheid