Journal Glossary Bug?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
dgruss

Journal Glossary Bug?

Post by dgruss »

Hi,

is it me and my mac or is there bug? When I create a new Journal Glossary and enter Journals then quit Bookends and relaunch it, then try to edit my new Journal Glossary the journals I entered have vanished.

Any idea?

Again - thanx for your help!
niklas

Re: Journal Glossary Bug?

Post by niklas »

dgruss wrote:Hi,

is it me and my mac or is there bug? When I create a new Journal Glossary and enter Journals then quit Bookends and relaunch it, then try to edit my new Journal Glossary the journals I entered have vanished.

Any idea?

Again - thanx for your help!
Just an idea... could it be that you don't have write permissions to the /Applications folder where Bookends (and the custom glossary folder) resides?
dgruss

Post by dgruss »

that is indeed a good idea but i do have read & write privileges, for the custom journal glossary folder, so i guess that can't cause the problem

but thanx for your help anyhow :)
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

If you open the journal glossary in a word processor (e.g. TextEdit), is the text you entered there?

This forum is not a good place to deal with tech support issues. Please follow up directly to me.

Thanks,

Jon
Sonny Software
dgruss

Post by dgruss »

Hi Jon,

opening the file in Word shows the Journals, they are just not displayed in Bookends. I also sent you an email.

thanks a lot for your help
daniel
niklas

Post by niklas »

I suppose you have already resolved this, but...

After upgrading to 8.02 I noticed the same thing; my custom glossary showed up as empty when I selected "edit". However, when I deselected it (selected another glossary) and then selected it again from the list, it opened just fine.
dgruss

Post by dgruss »

Hi Niklas,
thanks. same works for me! I got my journals back :D
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Thanks, niklas, that was very helpful. Now I can reproduce the problem. It will be fixed soon.

Jon
Sonny Software
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

This problem has been resolved, and the fix will appear in 8.0.3. For now, the workaround is to keep all glossaries in the Journal Glossary folder, in the same folder as Bookends. They should work as expected in that location.

Jon
Sonny Software