Pion formats, alphabetized bibliography

Users asking other users for bibliography formats.
David Patton

Pion formats, alphabetized bibliography

Post by David Patton »

Hello ... new Bookends/Mellel user here.

1) I would like to prepare citations/bibliography formatted for Pion journals (e.g. Planning and Environment D, Society and Space). Is this a format that is already available? I don't find it in the list from within Bookends.

2) I am still not seeing my bibliography properly alphabetized in Mellel. The citations in the bibliography palette are in alphabetical order, but when I scan and generate the bibliography, references are scrambled. I understand this is a function of Bookends, and I have been to the edit tab of the format I've been working with (APA 5th), and "alphabetize" is checked, but results are not correct.

Would be very grateful for help with these issues.

Thank you,

David
Cambridge
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I can't help with #1, but for #2 you'll probably have to send me an example (a small document and a small database, zipped, with instructions on how to reproduce the problem).

Jon
Sonny Software
ozean

Re: Pion formats, alphabetized bibliography

Post by ozean »

David Patton wrote:1) I would like to prepare citations/bibliography formatted for Pion journals (e.g. Planning and Environment D, Society and Space).
Hey David,

since I am planning to submit a paper to exactly the same journal ;) I would be very grateful if you could share your format (in case you you actually create one, that is). If you need any help in creating it or have some problematic cases you have difficulties with, I will gladly offer my assistance.
David Patton

Thanks for now ...

Post by David Patton »

Thank you both for the offers of help. Right now I'm cleaning up a paper (not for publication), and will cut/paste the bibliography to alphabetize, since it is not too long. Jon, thank you for the offer to trouble shoot the problem--I'll take you up on that in time.

Ozean, the Pion format is not high on my list right now, though I will need it in time. My query was to see if anyone had built it already. I think I should spend time with the BE tutorial before tackling a new format, but I'll keep you in mind as I do that, and will be grateful if you do the same.