PMID Fields Are Empty

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Edwin Sanchez

PMID Fields Are Empty

Post by Edwin Sanchez »

Hello All,

I just realized that none of the references in my database have PMID numbers, at least, not in the PMID fields. The PMID numbers can be found as part of the URL.

Is this normal? Or perhaps my import settings or something like that are not set correctly.

Thanks,

Eddie
Jon
Site Admin

Re: PMID Fields Are Empty

Post by Jon »

Hi,

I just did an import and it worked fine. Make sure your PubMed filter is up to date (i.e.use the one we distribute, not one you've edited). The tag

PMID-

should be in the field next to PMID.

Jon
Sonny Software
Edwin Sanchez

Post by Edwin Sanchez »

Jon,

Thanks for the tip but things just got stranger. I had two PubMed filters, one in my custom user folder, one in the application. Trashed the custom one and now imported refs have PMIDs that are like Chinese characters.

Also find it strange that all of my thousands of refs have no PMID numbers. I don't remember making a custom PubMed import filter and if I had, it could not have been from the very beginning.

Anyway, whadaya think?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi,

The only way to get the PubMed filter into the custom folder is to make a new one, or to move it yourself. But more to the point, the problem with the "Chinese" characters is discussed here:

http://www.sonnysoftware.com/phpBB3/vie ... nese#p5707

Please repair your database and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, please contact me directly for tech support (support@sonnysoftware.com).

Jon
Sonny Software