Ambigous Citation: Hard to decide if you don't see place

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
chriggi

Ambigous Citation: Hard to decide if you don't see place

Post by chriggi »

Everytime Bookends asks me "Which reference do you mean?" I kinda get annoyed. How should I know if Bookends does not show me the citation in its context, the place where I put it?

There's the option "Go to Ref" - what is way more needed is an option "Go to Citation" to look up which reference I meant.

Any others having the same problem? Workarounds?

.chriggi
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I don't know why you should get annoyed -- in that dialog box Bookends shows you the citation in context (I believe it shows the preceding 180 or so characters, if I'm not mistaken). Are you not seeing that?

Jon
Sonny Software
chriggi

Post by chriggi »

Wow, quick response. Thanks a lot.
Jon wrote: in that dialog box Bookends shows you the citation in context (I believe it shows the preceding 180 or so characters, if I'm not mistaken). Are you not seeing that?
Actually - no i am not seeing that. Bookends opens a dialog box that shows a list of references that match my temp citation and a window with the first ref that is a match. But the citation in context i cannot see - cf the screenshot http://chriggi.de/temp/screen.tiff.

Any ideas what's wrong?[/url]
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Ah, are using Mellel by any chance? If so, that would explain it. Bookends should show you the citation in context for other scans (Word, NWE, RTF, text), but not Mellel. This is probably something we should implement...

(If you are using another word processor, please contact me directly and we'll see what the problem might be).

Jon
Sonny Software
chriggi

Post by chriggi »

Yes, Mellel.

Ohhh - what a pity. The integration seems so nice - but this is really important in long documents. Consider it a feature request :-)

Thanx,
chriggi
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I agree. It should be implemented.

Jon
Sonny Software