Help with document scanning

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
ToddPeperkorn

Help with document scanning

Post by ToddPeperkorn »

Okay friends. It's been a few months since I worked on my project using bookends. Since then I have converted to using Word 2008. When I go to scan the document, it says that Bookeds can't read the file type (.docx). When I convert the document to the older format, it still says it can't read the file type.

HELP!

Todd
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Todd Peperkorn
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Help with document scanning

Post by Jon »

Hi,

Bookends has never read Word files. You must do the scan from within Word. See the user guide on how this is done with Word 2008 (Word 2008 uses AppleScripts we supply, not the add-in and template that worked with Word 2004).

Jon
Sonny Software
ToddPeperkorn

Post by ToddPeperkorn »

Ok. For some reason my Word 2008 scripts aren't installed. How do I install them so they show up on the Tools bar like the manual says?

I did find them in the Bookends 10 folder.
Todd Peperkorn
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

In that same folder there is a Read Me called "Microsoft Word Read Me". It takes you through the various scenarios for installing the Word add-in/template or AppleScripts.

Jon
Sonny Software
nancy

Post by nancy »

Actually, Word experiences difficulty replicating styled text when document become huge, and if the document surpasses a specific size it will fail to scan. This is the main reason that's why Bookeds can't read the file type (.docx).
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

The comment here that is correct is that Bookends can have problems scanning huge Word documents, and the explanation and ways to deal with this are given on our web site

https://www.sonnysoftware.com/Issues/issues.html

I don't know where the rest comes from, but it's incorrect.

Jon
Sonny Software