Request: Journal Glossary for Law

Users asking other users for bibliography formats.
dgruss

Request: Journal Glossary for Law

Post by dgruss »

That would save A LOT of time. Does nayone here have such a glossary?

Thanx
daniel
howarty

almost got it...

Post by howarty »

I've just started playing with Bookends, so am probably missing something basic. I have a text file of US law journals in BlueBook format, which should do the trick as a Journal Glossary.

I just can't work out how to save this as a journalGlossaryFile and have tried opening an existing one into word and then saving as text ... no luck.

Any hints? Is there another way of importing bulk journal gloss. entries that I'm missing (doesn't seem to be in the User Guide).
cheers
howarty
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

We don't cover this in the User Guide because it's not very user friendly, and not helpful for most users.

But a journal glossary is just a tab-delimited text file. Every row should have 3 entries (ending with tab, tab, and return). If you have that, all you need do is set the Mac file type and creator properly (you can use ResEdit in Classic) and Bookends will recognize it as a glossary.

You can contact me directly if you need more information, or help in setting the file type and creator.

Jon
Sonny Software
eafsah

Legal Glossary

Post by eafsah »

I discussed the issue of a legal glassary with Jon and will post one in a couple of days, once I have prepared the text file.

I will use the official one used by the Heidelberg Journal of International Law (ZaöRV)
matthias

Re: Legal Glossary

Post by matthias »

eafsah wrote:I discussed the issue of a legal glassary with Jon and will post one in a couple of days, once I have prepared the text file.

I will use the official one used by the Heidelberg Journal of International Law (ZaöRV)
I have already created my own glossary for law journals and I'd be interested to learn wheter I can merge my own creation with the own that is – thanks to eafsah? – now shipping with Bookends.

Matthias
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

You might be able to merge them by opening them in a text editor, pasting one after the other, then saving the merged file. You'll have to reset the file creator and type (use FileType, free -- you can find it on VersionTracker).

Jon
Sonny Software