problem with NYPL online search and import

Users asking other users for import filters.
Gerben

problem with NYPL online search and import

Post by Gerben »

I am importing records from New York Public Library using the standard filter (where, btw, the server address in the internet tab now should be "catnyp.nypl.org").

There is the mysterious character "ò" in the data so I specified in the filter to remove that character from all fields. After doing that I can only import one record a time. Example: I used the word "Shpanye" to do a search in all fields and would like to retrieve all 9 records found. This worked before I modified the filter. I am sure I am overlooking something but what?

Best,
Gerben
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi,

That may be a bug due to filtering out a non-Roman (accented, and therefore Unicode) character. That portion of the code was written before Bookends was Unicode-savvy.

Jon
Sonny Software
Gerben

Post by Gerben »

Ok, i see. I just realized there is a relatively easy solution: importing all the wanted references and post-process by finding the unwanted character(s) and replace them with nothing.

Best,
Gerben
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

FWIW, when I plugged in the new server address to the filter we distribute, I didn't see any odd characters when I imported the found references. So try using our filter with only the new server address...

Jon
Sonny Software
Gerben

Post by Gerben »

Hmm, i still do... An example:

"Der birger-òkrig in Shpanye : zikhroyneás fun a militsyaner"

Best,
Gerben