A few problems....

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
danzac

A few problems....

Post by danzac »

Jon I'm having two problems:

1) I continue to add to my own SBL journal glossary which I store in the custom journal glossary folder. It appears in the Utilities menu, but when I open to edit, nothing is there, and typin in the abbrev. names in the journal field is not being recognized. Should I just not bother using the custom journal glossary folder?

2) In the BibTex preferences both the 'append to lowercase' and 'warn' function for the unique ID is not working. I manually entered several works with the same author and date, and when using the shortcut key to genereate the BibTex key, it placed identical BibTex keys in each reference. Thanks
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Jon
Site Admin

Re: A few problems....

Post by Jon »

danzac wrote:1) I continue to add to my own SBL journal glossary which I store in the custom journal glossary folder. It appears in the Utilities menu, but when I open to edit, nothing is there, and typin in the abbrev. names in the journal field is not being recognized. Should I just not bother using the custom journal glossary folder?
No, you should use this folder. I have your glossary there on my Mac, I have edited it (for testing) and it saves and restores fine. Please send me the glossary that is "empty" -- I'd like to look at it. Any clue as to why this might happened (e.g. a crash during a save), or was it just unexpectedly empty when you opened it?
2) In the BibTex preferences both the 'append to lowercase' and 'warn' function for the unique ID is not working. I manually entered several works with the same author and date, and when using the shortcut key to genereate the BibTex key, it placed identical BibTex keys in each reference.
Yes, I see this. Odd, it certainly worked the last time I tested it. But now it seems there's an error in a particular REGEX search. OK, fixed. You'll see this in 8.0.2.

Thanks for the report, Danny.

Jon
Sonny Software