Bookends 8.01 Listview Problems

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.

Do you install Bookends on your administrator account or personal account?

administrator account
60%
personal account
40%
have no clue
No votes

Total votes: 5

Ni

Post by Ni »

To whomever,
I have been having problem after problem with Bookends. Anyone who can help me, please do, because I have invested so much time in building up my Database, there is no turning back.

In listview when bring up the find menu, put in my desired search elements, then click find (with replace hits checked off), I have to click on "Hits" twice in the left pane, before the search comes up. Why is this and how can this be fixed?

So I tried clearing the hits list first in hopes of getting my searches to immediately appear like in Bookend 7.75. Tried again, but same thing. I press the keyboard command for clear hits and the entire Listview window closes on me, but Bookend is still open?

If I make changes in preferences, I am told the Bookends windows will close during the change, but the windows never come back on. If I go to the Window menu and try to open the Listview myself, I get nothing. I must quit then re-open Bookends.

Is anyone else having these problems or is it just working dandy for everyone else but me? I have a new iMac with the Mac OS X, I have Bookend 8.01 installed. Anyone who could possibly help me, I thank you ahead of time.
-Ni
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi Ni,

The problems you describe suggest to me that something is wrong with the database. Please rebuild it. Also, you don't say how large it is -- if it's > 1000-2000 references, I'd increase the database cache (Preferences).

If these don't resolve the problems, please contact me directly and we'll figure it out.

Jon
Sonny Software
Ni

Post by Ni »

Jon,
I rebuilt the database as you said, but still the exact same problems are present completely unchanged. FYI, I have ~200 references. My cache is currently set to 30MB. Your continued help would be appreciated. Thanks.
-Ni