Delete PDF if deleting reference

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
prop

Delete PDF if deleting reference

Post by prop »

Jon,

Can you add a preference to "Delete attached files upon deletion of reference?"? So, any attached files will be nuked as well as the reference. This could either be a global preference, or it could be added to the confirmation dialog box when one is about to delete a reference or group of references.

I don't want to build up a lot of PDFs that are "orphaned" - i.e. the reference has been deleted but the attachment still stays.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

That's a very dangerous thing. What if the pdf is shared by several references? This is not uncommon when working on projects.

One perhaps helpful tip -- right-click on the name of the pdf in the Keywords field and Bookends will go to the Finder and highlight the file in its folder. You can delete it yourself in that case (Command-Delete).

Jon
Sonny Software
prop

Post by prop »

Yes I agree it *could* be dangerous, but for a single user, it would be handy to have the *option* of having this behaviour (turned OFF by default).

Just my opinion - anyone else think this could be valuable?