SBL Format help!!!

Users asking other users for bibliography formats.
seulgi

SBL Format help!!!

Post by seulgi »

For some reason, at the end of Journal Articles, Books, and Edited Books (and some others), all of the SBL FORMATS ends every citation with "Repr., Dissertation".

Here's an example: A. Aejmelaeus, Parataxis in the Septagint: A Study of the Renderings of the Hebrew Coordinate Clauses in the Greek Pentateuch (AASF 31; Helsinki: Suomalainen Tiedeakatemia, 1982. Repr., Dissertation).

I've looked at the Primary Order and don't notice anything strange. Why is it doing this?!? Here is what SBL Footnote has programmed:

a, “t,” j v|~ (~d`)`: |~; ~u1 (u3): u4.|~ repr. pages ~u14|~ in ~u13.|~ (~u15: u11, u12~).~|

Any help would be wonderful.

Many thanks.
kveldalf

Re: SBL Format help!!!

Post by kveldalf »

seulgi,

I can't reproduce the exact reference you have, even after copying and pasting the format into a new format and trying it in various configurations.
1. What reference type is the record set at? (book, journal, etc)
2. Is this in fact a dissertation? I think it is. There is a good chance that the word "Dissertation" is stored in a field. My guess is that there is likely other information stored in other fields, or there might be more than one datum in one field. I'd check if there are other data in the other fields (click on Drawer in the Reference editing window to see).
jsg

Post by jsg »

I am having the same problem. I figured out that the "Repr.,..." occurs at the end of the citation when you drag a reference (regardless of type) from your main library to one of your static groups. The name after "repr." is the name of the static group (or groups) into which you have dragged the references. Anyone know how to fix this?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi,

I don't have the SBL format, and the link to the site of the person that created it (Danny Zacharias) no longer works. Perhaps he'll see this post and respond. You can zip and send me the SBL format and I'll take a look.

Jon
Sonny Software
jsg

Post by jsg »

Thanks, Jon.
Anyway, I just figured out a fix: I deleted "|~ Repr., ~g." from the "primary order" box (Biblio>Formats Manager). It works now -- hopefully I haven't created a new problem...
Best,
Jonathan