Two different databases

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
shades

Two different databases

Post by shades »

Greetings I have been using BE for a couple months and like it.

One question I had. I do most of writing in theological and Biblical studies. So obviously my reference works are being entered as I use them. But I also do a lot of reading outside of that area. I have set up another database to handle general history, fiction, biography, etc.

Is this a good arrangement? Is is better to have everything in one database? I would have thousands of entries in the theological/Biblical database.

What if I get to a place where I need to reference one of the general history books for a quote, can I use two databases in the scan of the document (Mellel and NWP)?

Rich
old, slow, and confused
but at least I'm inconsistent!
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Two different databases

Post by Jon »

Hi,

We recommend one database. You can use static and smart groups to segregate topics, if you like. You can only scan with one database at a time.

Jon
Sonny Software
shades

Post by shades »

Thanks. So, I just import the data from the one? Is there something I should be aware of?
old, slow, and confused
but at least I'm inconsistent!
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

That's right. Or you can create a new empty db, then import the refs exported from the other two. That way if you want to return to two dbs you have them.

Jon
Sonny Software