Drag and drop crashing

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Davis

Drag and drop crashing

Post by Davis »

I'm haveing two problems attaching files to references in v. 8.0

The first: I have a PDF on my desktop, drag it to the reference window to attach it to the reference it should go with. The dialogue box comes up asking if I want to rename and move the file to the attachments folder and have it attached to the reference. I click on yes. The file is renamed and moved, but no attachment occurs. No link text appears in the Keywords box. I try again (now dragging it from the attachments folder) and it still doesn't work. No link is created.

The other problem is similar and more common. I start with a PDF on the desktop, try to drag it to attach it, get the dialogue, same as above, I click yes, it renames it and moves it and then crashes without creating a link. I restart Bookends, find the file in the attachments folder, drag it again, this time the link is created and the file is again renamed. This happens 99 % of the time. The other 1% of the time, I get the first scenario. No crash, but still no attachment, even after multiple draggings of the file over the reference window.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

The best way to get tech support is to contact us directly (as you did, in a followup email) at support@sonnysoftware.com. The forum is not a great placed for this sort of thing.

But for anyone else who is interested, my advice was to reindex the database and see if that helped. If it did not, rebuild it. And always keep good backups, of course.

Jon
Sonny Software