Request: Review journal articles formatting

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Biostitute

Request: Review journal articles formatting

Post by Biostitute »

It would be nice if I could have the option in Bookends to make a citation for a scientific review article be prefixed with "reviewed by", as is the custom when publishing papers. If i mark a reference as a review, this option should be possible in the Format manager > Bib Options pane.

Thus instead of automatically saying "Smith, 2005" i would have the option to make the citation read "reviewed by Smith, 2005" or "reviewed in 18" as the case may be. I am sure other users with benefit from this.

Thanks.
niklas

Re: Request: Review journal articles formatting

Post by niklas »

Biostitute wrote:It would be nice if I could have the option in Bookends to make a citation for a scientific review article be prefixed with "reviewed by", as is the custom when publishing papers. If i mark a reference as a review, this option should be possible in the Format manager > Bib Options pane.

Thus instead of automatically saying "Smith, 2005" i would have the option to make the citation read "reviewed by Smith, 2005" or "reviewed in 18" as the case may be. I am sure other users with benefit from this.

Thanks.
If I understand you correctly, you can do this by putting \reviewed by \ into your citation, within the brackets but before the actual citation, like this: {\reviewed by \Smith, 2005 #12345}. Bookends will turn that into (reviewed by Smith, 2005) when scanning the document.

Niklas