Problems importing reference (EBSCO PsychInfo)

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
sydney_b

Problems importing reference (EBSCO PsychInfo)

Post by sydney_b »

Mac OS 10.3.9
Safari browser

I've tried copying the citation from the clipboard and I've also dragged and dropped the text-only citation from a file.

Bookends acts like it's doing something, claims it has imported the reference, then says '0' imported. And, my reference isn't in my list. Please advise.

/s
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

No doubt the data isn't in the form the filter expects it to be. Different sources often output the data slightly differently, and sources can also change their output format without notice.

So, compare the filter to the data -- the User Guide will tell you how the filter works, if you aren't familiar with it. Then make the edits in the filter you need to get it to import. If you can't figure it out, send me a text file containing the reference you are trying to import.

Jon
Sonny Software
sydney_b

problem between keyboard and chair

Post by sydney_b »

:oops:

Just wanted to post that the problem was user-based. Under deadline I didn't use the PsycInfo interface properly and wasn't getting the bibliographic info saved in the right format.

Sigh. At least it was easy to solve.