Post on MacInTouch / Problems with Tiger?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
prop

Post on MacInTouch / Problems with Tiger?

Post by prop »

Jon,

I found the following on Macintouch:
Joshua E. Turse
The bibliography program, Bookends, crashes in Tiger when I try to format the references - it doesn't matter if I do the operation within the word processor or try to format an RTF file.
Have you received any bug notices running under Tiger, or should I continue on normally? Just wondered if there's any special precautions to running under the new OS until you get the next update out. Thanks!
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi prop,

The problem Josh Turse had was that permissions weren't set correctly and Bookends could not access the format. Changing permissions fixed the problem he had.

There are a couple of minor cosmetic issues that have cropped up with Tiger, but as far as I know functionality is fine. In fact, I've had a few reports that some things are faster.

Jon
Sonny Software
Last edited by Jon on Sun May 01, 2005 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joshturse

I'm here to take the blame

Post by joshturse »

I am trying to correct Macintouch - they had emailed me to confirm the nonexistence of a problem around the time Jon and I had figured out that this was a user issue. I am in the process of writing a dissertation right now, so have formatted citations several times since Friday. I can confirm that there is no functional problem with Bookends as long as the application folder has correct permissions and your Office plug-ins and Bookends template are the correct version.

I am running: OS X.4, Bookends 8.0.4, Office 2004 (hmmm....all ending in 4).

Jon - great support, as always, I will never go back to the dark side (Thomson ResearchSoft Endnote). I've been a faithful Bookends user since 7.7.5....and I'm still converting switchers.