Setting font for citation in formatting pane

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
gke

Setting font for citation in formatting pane

Post by gke »

How can I set the font which is used for displaying the formatted citation in the formatting pane? It always used to be the font specified for bibliographies in my bibliography format, but for some reason it has shifted to a font which does not contain Italics (Lucida Grande as far as I can see), and which is therefore unfit for the purpose.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Setting font for citation in formatting pane

Post by Jon »

It hasn't changed -- the default bibliography font is used. Make sure the font in a bibliography you generate isn't Lucida Grande, too. If it is, and changed in preferences don't affect it, your preferences file may be damaged and need to be replaced.

Jon
Sonny Software
gke

Post by gke »

Solved the problem - the bibliography formatter was set to UTF-8 instead of Styled Text and apparently this triggers BE to use Lucida Grande, overriding the font set in the Format. But what if you want to output a bibliography in UTF-8 with Italics etc. in place? Wat is the UTF-8 output option actually meant for?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

The various output options (text, styled text, utf-8, html, etc.) tell Bookends what encoding (or markup) to use when generating a bibliography. UTF-8 is useful if you want to output a text file that uses that encoding (as opposed to plain Text, which is MacRoman encoding). Only Styled Text takes into account style information (and if you send such a bib to disk it will be RTF).

Jon
Sonny Software