Bookends 8 open problem

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
jmann0465

Bookends 8 open problem

Post by jmann0465 »

I recently purchased Bookends 8.0.4 and did the remarkably simple thing of copying the Bookends Folder into the Application folder for installation. However, in this location the application refuses to open, i.e. the dock icon flashes, then disappears. If the Bookends Folder is copied to the desktop, then the application opens normally. The same quirk happens on my home computer (with Jaguar) and my work computer (10.2.8.). Also I have downloaded the application three times and the problem still occurs. In addition, I have repaired permisssions on both computers using disk utility and also allow read&write permissions using get info.

Any suggestions for fix wold be greatly appreciated - as I'd rather not leave the Bookends Folder on the desktop - cheers, Jeff
:cry:
Alistair Dabbs

Same here, sort of

Post by Alistair Dabbs »

I have this problem if I put Bookends on a different volume from my startup volume. I don't suppose this sheds any light on the problem you're experiencing? Good luck.
matthias

Post by matthias »

I actually had this problem once when I installed v8.0.4. After I started Bookends from within the Bookends folder in the apps folder the problem has disappeared, though. It now works well from the dock.