Support for retina display?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
ozean

Support for retina display?

Post by ozean »

As my old MacBook Pro is now six years old and the fans begin to make strange noises, I scrapped together all the resources that I could muster to purchase the new Retina MBP. It’ll be delivered in about three weeks. To bridge this period of waiting I am now going to harass developers with questions like this:
Do you know when we can expect an update to Bookends that will add support for the new display?
Thanks! :D
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Support for retina display?

Post by Jon »

That will require moving to Cocoa. All I can tell you is that it's getting closer...

Jon
Sonny Software
ozean

Post by ozean »

That’s good to know.
*keeps fingers crossed for a smooth transition*
macsailor

Post by macsailor »

Jon wrote:That will require moving to Cocoa. All I can tell you is that it's getting closer...

Jon
Sonny Software
How much closer are we today? Are we talking about months or years?

Would be great if Bookends at the same time got the availability to use the Full Screen mode in the latest OSX versions.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

We're much closer, months, not years (I can't say exactly when of course). Much of the internals of Bookends have had to be rewritten from the ground up, not glamorous, but it is necessary for the move to Cocoa and to provide a sound underpinning for future enhancements. Have patience, it's getting there.

Jon
Sonny Software
macsailor

Post by macsailor »

Jon wrote:We're much closer, months, not years (I can't say exactly when of course). Much of the internals of Bookends have had to be rewritten from the ground up, not glamorous, but it is necessary for the move to Cocoa and to provide a sound underpinning for future enhancements. Have patience, it's getting there.

Jon
Sonny Software
Really good news. I have been using Bookends for years and neither the application nor the support (i.e. Jon) has failed me yet. Together with Mellel, it's my primary tool while writing.

I did download the new Sente app just to check out the competition, but I still prefer the way Bookends organize my library and how well it works with Live Bibliography within Mellel.

Can hardly wait to see the new Cocoa version of Bookends.
rbekkers

Post by rbekkers »

Also I would wish to express how much I'd appreciate Bookends to support retina displays. Of all the software I have, Bookends seems to be the most (visible?) non-retina program I use on a daily basis...

- rudi
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Don't worry, it's coming.

Jon
Sonny Software