Mellel scanning problem

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
grebmar

Mellel scanning problem

Post by grebmar »

I'm not sure if this is for the forums, or customer support, or if this is a Bookends or Mellel problem. I have been able to scan Mellel documents with no problems up until last fall, and haven't changed anything except for updates. But today when I scanned my current document, it goes through all the motions, but no citations appear in the notes, except for the added text (page numbers). the citations do appear in the Bibliography palette in Mellel. I tried an older document that scanned correctly, and it gives the same problem. A screen capture of the scan results is given below.

I am using Bookends 11.3.6, and Mellel 3.1.3.
Notes.tiff
Notes.tiff (34.71 KiB) Viewed 4138 times
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Mellel scanning problem

Post by Jon »

Please check the format. Make sure the Order fields are not empty.

Jon
Sonny Software
grebmar

Post by grebmar »

Thank you--I knew it must be something obvious. But I don't remember ever having separate formatting fields for bibliography and citations, and I don't remember seeing anything about this (major) change, if it was new. I understand why there might be need for this, but is there any way (eg, a check box) to have the citations use the bibliography format, or vice versa? Otherwise, I need to copy over all formats and make sure the formatting is correct. Italics and bold, for example, were stripped out when I pasted a bibliography format into the citation order field.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Unified formats were introduced 6 months ago or so (see the update history on this site). The conversion of the old to the new should be automatic, but in some cases for whatever reason it fails and the order fields are left empty. If the format in question was derived from one we ship, you can start with that again and everything should be OK.

Jon
Sonny Software
Enkidum

Post by Enkidum »

Just to add, I had exactly the same problem, starting this morning. Haven't updated Mellel or Bookends for a while.

After talking to Jon via email, as soon as I downloaded the format from the FTP site and re-installed it it worked fine.