Sync Issues II - Attachments being moved

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
RDL

Sync Issues II - Attachments being moved

Post by RDL »

Thanks Jon for following up previous Sync Issue - now I think I have another relating to Bookends apparently moving my attachments.

My current Academic Workflow utilised both Bookends and DevonThink. DT handles all my information management, so my workflow if I need to read and anotate on iPad usually goes:
1) PDF saved into appropriate folder in my Resources folder on HDD
2) Indexed DT ->
3) Citation into Bookends and attach PDF usually I make sure the 'move to attachments folder' dialogue is unchecked, sometimes I get Bookends to rename the file
4) Sync across to BOT -> read, annotate -> sync back to bookends.

At this point, it is quite common for me to find that bookends has copied the attachment to the location I have specified as 'default' in the preferences. As you can imagine, this stuffs up my DT indexing, creates multiple copies etc and I have to go and clean it all up, move things around again, which can then stuff up the syncing process with BOT

I'm not 100% certain the copy is happening because of the Sync with BOT as I have had Bookends move an attachment from time to time. But at the moment, I am working through a book that has one pdf file per chapter. As I read and annotate each chapter, I sync it back to Bookends, and I currently now have 4 out of 10 chapters (that four that I have read and synced back) copied into my default area - with the originals still in the folder I first saved them into.

Any thoughts?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Sync Issues II - Attachments being moved

Post by Jon »

Sounds like an issue that has been addressed in Bookends 12...(coming soon).

Jon
Sonny Software